Friday, February 29, 2008

Goodbyes are the worst

We said goodbye to the Hight Warden family tonight. I have a special place in my heart for this family. I met them right after they moved here 6 years ago. Their son, Anthony is a one in a million. I tend to think expressing my feelings on paper will prove to make for less tears when the goodbye comes.. not so...
I was reminded of a sweet verse in the scriptures as we read tonight and I thought directly of this dear family. 1Neph1 1:20 "...I will show unto the world that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." The wonderful feeling of a bright hope for this family having a fresh new start will replace the tears soon.. but in the meantime I hate goodbyes.

1 comment:

nataley said...

Finally you start posting on your blog! I agree- goodbye's are no fun at all, that is a bummer about them moving...

2nd grade school spirit

2nd grade school spirit
Too bad you can't see that spray painted red hair!

1st grade school spirit

1st grade school spirit
Elle sporting her red and white

5th Grade School Spirit

5th Grade School Spirit
Go Addy!